Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon - Hour 2 update and mini-challenge

The second hour is now on the books.

Mini-challenge 2 is hosted by Miss Remmers' Review and it's about what you surround yourself with for the kickoff of the read-a-thon.

I started the read-a-thon on my front porch with my breakfast and my tropicana orange drink and my watch to keep track of time.  I had to move inside though because it's a little chilly this morning.  So now I am inside on my bed with my laptop, my book, my watch, an extra bookmark to bookmark my quotes from the hour, my sunglasses (for when I return to the yard or the porch and my drink.  I am also surrounded by my husband who keeps coming in and my two sons's and my oldest son has  his best friend over (what was I thinking).  Actually everyone is being great and supportive.


Hour 2:
Title of book(s) read since last update: A Most Improper Magick (still not complete)
Number of books read since you started: 0
Pages read since last update: 34
Running total of pages read since you started:
104
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 20 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 75 minutes

Mini-challenges completed: 2
Other participants you’ve visited: I visited 5 this hour - just randomly picked blogs I wasn't familiar with from the hour 1 mini-challenge.  That was fun.



My giveaways:
Weekend Wondering


Thoughts on book -I'm still loving this book - Kat is a great character and the plot is really starting to develop.  I'm off to read some more and visit blogs later in the hour.


Favorite quote from this hour (from A Most Improper Magick by Stephanie Burgis):

I was certain other gentlemen must have more varied forms of entertainment than Charles had, and certainly more than poor Papa, who would sit wrapped up in a book all day long if he was allowed.
 This quote just seemed to funny in light of what I am doing today :)



2 comments:

soleil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soleil said...

Starting on your porch sounds lovely! Great idea!
I think I will head out to the courtyard later in the day for some sunshine with my reading.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.