Sunday, January 23, 2011
Word Lily is hosting the 10 things bloggers should not do mini-challenge. So here is how I rate myself (ratings 1-5 with 5 being the best):
1. You Must Not Expect Results Overnight: 4/5 - I think I expected more results fast but as I approach my second year I am feeling much more patient. I get review books, I have followers, I am enjoying what I do - this is what is most important to me.
2. You Must Not Ignore Your Readers: 3/5 - I probably need to work on this but I do try to find out what my readers like, so I don't think I am too bad.
3. You Must Not Scrape Another Bloggers Content: 5/5 - I don't do this at least to my knowledge - if I take an idea I credit and I never copy completely.
4. You Must Not Expect Success Without Promoting: 4/5 - I know this is true - the more I participate with other bloggers, the better my success and the more I enjoy blogging so I think getting out there on twitter, facebook or commenting on other blogs is essential, just don't comment only to get people to your blog.
5. You Must Not Be Another Blogger: 5/5 - There are some bloggers I would love to be, but I know I can't and don't need to - we all have our unique voice.
6. You Must Not Fail To Update Your Blog Regularly: 4/5 - I have down times, we all do, but I usually have at least one post per week. After bloggiesta, I feel refreshed and hope to be back to posting most days of the week.
7. You Must Not Ignore SEO: 1/5 - I didn't know what SEO was until this Bloggiesta - but I know now and will begin to work on it.
8. You Must Not Ignore Networking: 3/5 - I know it's important, but I need to make more time to do it :)
9. You Must Not Have An Unreadable/Unnavigable Site: 4/5 - I think my site is pretty easy to get around, but I plan on making improvements as well in the next few weeks.
10. You Must Not Throw Mud Around: 5/5 - I was taught if you can't say something nice, don't say anything and I will stick by that :)
My score: 37/50 - definitely some room for improvement and what a fun exercise!
So how are you doing? How do you feel I am doing, I'm always anxious for feedback. Leave a comment or email me at crystalfulcher(at)ec.rr.com
Because of Bloggiesta this weekend, I have given some thought to how I am doing things on my blog and I have also gone through my review books and organized. Doing this showed me I have some books to giveaway and the first one I am giving away is a duplicate ARC I got a few days ago. See last year I received an ARC of the book that is now called Kat, Incorrigible from the author when I won it in a giveaway. It had a different name and a release date of December 2010. However the date was pushed back. I have already read the book (and passed that copy on) and on Friday I received a new copy from the wonderful people at Simon and Schuster. I would love to get it into your hands. It now has a release date of April 5th and my review will post around that time. It is a wonderfully entertaining book that I think most people would enjoy. Kat is a fun character, she's spunky. Here is more about it:
Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis
Release: April 5, 2011
Hardcover, 304 pages
Katherine Ann Stephenson has just discovered that she's inherited her mother's magical talents, and despite Stepmama's stern objections, she's determined to learn how to use them. But with her eldest sister Elissa's intended fiancÉ, the sinister Sir Neville, showing a dangerous interest in Kat's magical potential; her other sister, Angeline, wreaking romantic havoc with her own witchcraft; and a highwayman lurking in the forest, even Kat's reckless heroism will be tested to the upmost. If she can learn to control her new powers, will Kat be able to rescue her family and win her sisters their true love?
To enter, simply fill out the form below. Open to the US/Canada. Runs through next Saturday 1/29.
If you can't see the form, you can find it here.