Sunday, January 23, 2011
Word Lily is hosting the 10 things bloggers should not do mini-challenge. So here is how I rate myself (ratings 1-5 with 5 being the best):
1. You Must Not Expect Results Overnight: 4/5 - I think I expected more results fast but as I approach my second year I am feeling much more patient. I get review books, I have followers, I am enjoying what I do - this is what is most important to me.
2. You Must Not Ignore Your Readers: 3/5 - I probably need to work on this but I do try to find out what my readers like, so I don't think I am too bad.
3. You Must Not Scrape Another Bloggers Content: 5/5 - I don't do this at least to my knowledge - if I take an idea I credit and I never copy completely.
4. You Must Not Expect Success Without Promoting: 4/5 - I know this is true - the more I participate with other bloggers, the better my success and the more I enjoy blogging so I think getting out there on twitter, facebook or commenting on other blogs is essential, just don't comment only to get people to your blog.
5. You Must Not Be Another Blogger: 5/5 - There are some bloggers I would love to be, but I know I can't and don't need to - we all have our unique voice.
6. You Must Not Fail To Update Your Blog Regularly: 4/5 - I have down times, we all do, but I usually have at least one post per week. After bloggiesta, I feel refreshed and hope to be back to posting most days of the week.
7. You Must Not Ignore SEO: 1/5 - I didn't know what SEO was until this Bloggiesta - but I know now and will begin to work on it.
8. You Must Not Ignore Networking: 3/5 - I know it's important, but I need to make more time to do it :)
9. You Must Not Have An Unreadable/Unnavigable Site: 4/5 - I think my site is pretty easy to get around, but I plan on making improvements as well in the next few weeks.
10. You Must Not Throw Mud Around: 5/5 - I was taught if you can't say something nice, don't say anything and I will stick by that :)
My score: 37/50 - definitely some room for improvement and what a fun exercise!
So how are you doing? How do you feel I am doing, I'm always anxious for feedback. Leave a comment or email me at crystalfulcher(at)ec.rr.com