So how am I doing with the audiobook challenge? Well it was the one thing I kept reading during my slump in March so I'm doing great. I've read from a variety of sources, e-audiobooks from my library, actual CD or MP3 audiobooks from the library, some of my own and some from Audible. No matter what I value my reading time going to and from work (25 minutes each way).
One thing I've learned, is I love speeding up the reading of my audiobooks. Audible and my Smart AudioBook Player app on my phone allow me to do this. The app for a desktop for eaudiobooks from the library (OneClick) allows this, but the app for my phone doesn't. So I'm a little slower listening to those books, but I enjoy them. I've found my ideal speed is around 1.8x normal. But with some readers I have to slow this down some. I usually stay in the 1.5x-1.9x range.
So what have I read and where am I with my goal? I've read 12/30-50 that I wanted to read. So I would say I am right on task for this challenge :)
- Tidal by Emily Snow
- Bad for You by Abbi Glines
- Hold On Tight by Abbi Glines
- Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau
- The City by Dean Koontz
- One More Chance by Abbi Glines
- Suspicion by Joseph Finder
- Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines
- Survivor in Death by J.D. Robb
- You Should Have Known by Jean Hanff Korelitz
- Cell by Robin Cook
- Death Benefit by Robin Cook