Monday, June 21, 2010

What are you Reading Monday - June 21


Come post weekly and see what others are reading too just so you can add to your tbr - I always do! For more information see Sheila at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books and join in!

Books Completed Last Week 
    Reading Now:
    • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker (review)
    • Dangerous by Diana Palmer (Kindle, review)
    • The MacGregor's Daughter by Dee Julian (ebook, review)
    • Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah (audiobook) 
    • The 9th Judgment by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro (library)
    Next:
    • I Love This Bar by Carolyn Brown
    • The Passage by Justin Cronin
    Summary -
    Great reading week - I got hooked on the Private series again over the weekend and read books 3&4 in two days.  Now I'm ready to start book 5, but since I actually own that one, it will take a back burner.  I also finished up my latest audiobook and it was a great one.  I did a library book week last week, so it's back to review books this week.  Look for my author interviews, guest posts, and some reviews coming this week for my author spotlight week.

    5 comments:

    Momma Hunt said...

    I am always impressed by people who can get so much reading done. I need to figure out how to knit and read at the same time (and find time to do that) and my life would be golden. I am currently reading The immortal life of Henrieta Lacks and The Constant Princess on the Kindle.

    Cackleberry Homestead said...

    Momma Hunt - audiobooks! I listen to them in the car and when I cross stitch or sew - great way to get some additional reading it. Of course with my kids I often miss things that happen, but it's easy to go back and listen again (after the children quiet down).

    Jess said...

    I am hearing great things about The Passage. Hope you enjoy it!

    Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

    I bet Winter Garden is awesome on audio! Enjoy all your reads this week!

    Liz said...

    Second the idea of audiobooks -- that's how I can stand to work out! Makes the time go by. I have listened to literally hundreds of books over the past 10-12 years, including whole series that I won't "read," but will only "listen to," because I got hooked on the narrator.

    I'm reading a wonderful self-help book for women, "Streetwise Spirituality" by Carol Marleigh Kline. It's a look at glame, shame, spin and all the ways we disconnect from life, with real stories, about real people, who struggle with life. It's helping me come to terms with my perfectionism holding me back and being afraid to try a couple things and helping me look past the "shoulds," and move past them. I love the true stories -- they're not necessarily pretty as they're unvarnished and sometimes painful. (And sometimes funny!). And always enlightening.

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.