As I posted several weeks ago - I am walking in a Great Strides Walk that my sister-in-law is organizing locally. The Great Strides Walk is one of the primary fundraising events for the CF Foundation and I am honored to help raise money for them. As I mentioned previously my 5-year-old nephew has CF so I would love if a cure was found in the very near future. But the good thing about the CF Foundation is even though they are looking for a cure, they are also helping to research things that will improve the quality of life of those with CF.
To look at my beautiful nephew (and since he is five I can still call him beautiful) you would never know that anything was wrong with his health. This is because there are a lot of treatments out there to help him out. But a cure still needs to be found, because even though there are treatments, there is still a lot of difficulty with this disease. My nephew for example usually ends up hospitalized 4 hours away from home on average of one week a year when he gets a bad infection. He's a real trooper about it, but still it would be great if he never had to do that again!
So onto the point. I'm fundraising and have had JP O'Donnell who is a wonderful author and now a great publisher join in with my efforts. Hachette Books has sent me a wonderful box (see pictures below). The box has 3 sets of 4 hardcovers in it for me to giveaway (and I am jealous - I want to read all of these).
- Choose 5 books from a list of books (these may be ARCs, recent books and they may be older books but you can have your choice) (From me) (1 winner - worldwide) You can see my list here (though it may change - books will be added and some will be given away with other giveaways - this just gives you an idea of what I have)
- $20 Amazon GC. Giveaway open worldwide. (From me) (1 winner - worldwide)
- Two sets of JP O'Donnell's Gallagher series that is reviewed highly here and on Amazon.com - this is a copy of Fatal Gamble and Deadly Codes for two winners (donated by author J.P. O'Donnell, see his web site here) (2 winners - US/Canada)
- $25 Gift Certificate to Amazon.com (donated by author J.P. O'Donnell, see his web site here) (1 winner - worldwide)
- 3 sets of 4 books from Hachette Books - includes: The Unnamed by Joshua Farris, Roses by Leila Meacham, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith, and Corked by Kathryn Borel - truly something for everyone. (US/Canada only - 3 winners)
How can you enter? Giveaway entries will be accepted through 4/24.
- Individual donations would be very welcome. I'm part of my sister-in-law's team, but have my own donation page here. For every dollar donated you will get 5 entries into these giveaways, just let me know that you donated in the comments of this post (or email me - firstname.lastname@example.org), you don't have to say the amount - I can figure that out, and a way to contact you if your email is not available in your profile and I will enter you.
- Blog about this post for an additional giveaway entry. Tweeting/Face Book mentions will also get entries - just link up in the comments. 2 entries for each of these, tweeting can be done once per day - just have @cfulcher in the tweet so I see it and can tally it.
- If you know of anyone that will sponsor or match funds or offer giveaway prizes - I will do all I can to promote them for a donation. I'm not above using my blog for advertising to help out a child (and lots of children and adults) :) This is worth 5 entries.
Thanks everyone for your help!