Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Sunday Salon - August 9th




This is my second week joining in on The Sunday Salon which is hosted here.

Time spent reading - A trip to Duke early in the week and then back to work on Wednesday plus evenings at the pool with the hubby and children put a major crimp on my reading time this week. Not even a relaxing day out in the boat added much to my time yesterday. But it was a great week. It felt good to be back to work and in the regular grind again. I feel like everything is really getting back to normal. And the evening time in the pool was a blast especially since I am allowed to actually get in again now!

What I read:

I didn't finish a book this week but I worked on:
  • I Can See You by Karen Rose (only about 50 pages left in this one - I started it last Saturday and it is good - just haven't had the time to read)
  • Seven Up by Janet Evanovich - started this one at the gym this week (hardbacks easier to read in the book holders) and it's a laugh a minute - probably not the best book to read at the gym since I almost fell off the treadmill laughing.
  • Reunion in Death by J.D. Robb - my audiobook that I listen to in the car to and from work.
I did finish one thing - the August issue of Family Circle - I read that on the boat yesterday.

Thoughts on my reading:

  • No new-to-me authors this week. I've read Karen Rose, Janet Evanovich and J.D. Robb before.
  • I had thought about the fact that I haven't read a lot of romantic suspense lately, well I guess I'm working on that now :)
  • I usually listen to the Stephanie Plum books on audio, but have been limited by library problems, so I checked out the books. It's funny how much I hear the voices that the reader uses for the characters while reading this.
  • Only one of the books I'm reading this week is a review book - I Can See You by Karen Rose which came out this week. The Evanovich is a library book and the J.D. Robb is an audiobook from audible.com.
  • I will finish a book today!

What I'm reading now:

I Can See You by Karen Rose (an ARC - it came out last week)
Reunion in Death by J.D. Robb (on audio in my car)
Seven Up by Janet Evanovich

Up Next:

Wait Until Twilight by Sang Pak (review book)
Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse challenge)

DH and I will embark on another day of our kids-free weekend today, but I believe the boat is out as he has a sunburn and I have a little bit of one, but yesterday was a blast. Not sure what is in store for us today, but I will get some reading done and some blog-hopping too. Our kids are having a blast with my parents, going to minor league baseball games and playing in the hotel pool. They'll be back home tomorrow night.

Everyone have a great week!

2 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

OOh a quiet weekend without the kids - bliss! It sounds like you had a fun week.

gautami tripathy said...

I finished one Karen Rose book. I am definitely going to read more novels by her!

TSS: Tommy Gun Tango by Brant Randall/Bruce Cook

Kill Word Verification

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.