Thursday, November 14, 2013

Book Promo & Author Interview: Even Villains Go to the Movies by Liana Brooks

Today is the second of several spotlights featuring authors and books from publisher Breathless Press. I think these books deserve a definite look and I thank each of the authors for participating in an interview. I hope you enjoy this visiting with Liana Brooks and the feature on her book Even Villians Go to the Movies. So check out the interview, check out the book and leave a comment for Liana too!



Interview with Liana Brooks:

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? 
Every where! Anytime I think I’ve found the perfect place I see somewhere new I want to visit. We have such a beautiful planet, I’d like to see most of it before I die (Mount Everest is not on the list – it’s too cold!).

What's the first sentence of EVEN VILLAINS GO TO THE MOVIES? 

New York is everything I hoped it would be.

Tell us what EVEN VILLAINS GO TO THE MOVIES is all about. 

It’s about Angela, the oldest daughter of Doctor Charm and Zephyr Girl. She’s been raised in a superhero family but she feels it would be too easy to abuse her power and make people obey her, so she decides to become a civilian and teach math. She really does love that job, she loves teaching, she loves hanging out with the teens, but it doesn’t work out and she winds up going on the run. To make some money under the table she agrees to work as a motorcycle stunt rider in a movie. That’s where she meets Tyler Running Fox and Jacob Kapsimolis, two very hunky men who each attract Angela’s attention in their own way.

But Arktos is the one who steals her heart. He’s the superhero of L.A.; a masked man who rushes to her rescue, trades Shakesperean retorts, and sweeps her off her feet.

Angela knows that Arktos is either Jacob or Tyler, and she knows the villain trying to burn her alive is the other one. Someone is lying to her. Someone is threatening her. And if she makes the wrong choice, it’s going to be her last choice.

Dish, who’s your favorite character? 

Don’t hate me, but I love a minor character the most. I always do! I get so attached to the minor characters. In this book, Aaron is the one I love best. He’s Arktos’s younger brother, a teenage boy raised by his grandmother and now by his older superhero brother, he’s confused and frustrated and still a good kid, he just needs a lot of love. I see a lot of my younger self in Aaron, he’s in the shadow of a hero and just needs to be loved.

What book would Angela have on her nightstand? 

I suspect she has THE COMPLETE WORKS OF SHAKESPEARE, PERSUASSION by Jane Austen, and a calculus textbook on her nightstand. Angela is a closet romantic, she believes in love even though she doesn’t recognize it right away.

What one book that turned you on to reading? 

THE HOBBIT, the LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy, and FARMER GILES OF HAM all by J.R.R. Tolkien . I am pedigree Geek. Some children had parents who read GOODNIGHT MOON to them, but I graduated straight from THE SNEECHES by Dr. Suess to Tolkien. I remember taking my hardcover copy of THE HOBBIT to show-and-tell in Kindergarten. I love that world. I love what Tolkien created and the power those stories still have over me. With every book I read, that’s what I’m looking for. I’m looking for a soul-consuming forever love, to be completely immersed in another world. Books are my drug, and I will never quit them. 






Even Villains Go to the Movies
Publisher: Breathless Press
Publish Date: Nov. 15, 2013
ISBN: 978-1-77101-184-6

Blurb:

Choosing between good and evil has never been this much fun.

When your mother is America's Superhero Sweetheart and your daddy's the Number One Super Villain, you grow up feeling a little conflicted.

Angela Smith has superpowers—nothing that will ever make her comic-book famous—but her ability to psychically sense and manipulate the emotions of people around her has drawn unwanted government attention. Forced to choose between her quiet life as a teacher under constant surveillance or the life of a rogue, she chooses the latter. She plans to hide out in sunny Los Angeles where being a blue-eyed blonde won't make anyone bat a false eyelash.

Silver screen star by day, superhero by night, Arktos is a triple-threat. He can fly, freeze anything, and see glimpses of the future, all of which he needs to keep the city of Los Angeles safe, but which does nothing for his social life. When a frightening vision of an explosion leads him to rescue a damsel in distress, he finds himself trading Shakespearean insults with a rogue.

Angela knows just how dangerous well-intentioned superheroes can be: one tried to kill her family when she was young. Arktos knows he should hand the rogue over to Company justice; it's not safe for someone like her to be in the middle of a fight.

But they can't seem to stay apart. And together, they just might be able to melt all the obstacles standing between true love for a hero and a villain.

Buy Links:Breathless Press
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
All Romance eBooks
Kobo
iTunes


Social Media
Website
Liana's Biography Page
Twitter
FaceBook
Tumblr
GoodReads
BookLikes







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Terrific Interview! Thanks for posting.

Liana said...

Thanks for having me!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.