Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Today I welcome Mary O'Connell, author of the amazing book, The Sharp Time. She is on tour with The Teen Book Scene and today her tour stop is a Tens list. So take it away Mary . . .
These are ten thoughts and questions I had, in general, and relating specifically to the plot, while I was writing The Sharp Time.
1. What does the world look like to a grieving teenage girl on a lonely winter day?
2. What are the most beautiful clothes I have ever found at a vintage clothing store?
3. How illumination brings compassion…
4. The redemptive, healing power of friendship…
5. Can you really walk on icy sidewalks in platform shoes?
6. What time does the sun rise on a typical January morning in Kansas City?
7. Keeping grief and humor braided into every chapter…
8. What is the feeling of sledding down an icy hill at night?
9. What is the true nature of a happy ending?
10. I know I’ll miss my main character, Sandinista Jones, the moment I write the last sentence. I’m writing about a very hard time in her life, but I have complete faith in her future. So: Goodbye
Thank you so much Crystal!
Thank you Mary for joining us today and after reading The Sharp Time this tens list means a lot and if you are reading this tens list and your curiosity is piqued I will say you must go out and get this book. The Sharp Time is excellent and I know exactly what Mary means by #10 - I miss Sandinista too!
Mary is giving away one signed copy of The Sharp Time. The giveaway is open to the US only, ends 11/1. All that is required is your name and email in the Rafflecopter below, all other entries are optional.