Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Monday What Are You Reading - March 14

Come post weekly and see what others are reading too just so you can add to your tbr - I always do! For more information see Sheila at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books and join in! 

Books Completed Last Week 
  • The Kensei by Jon Merz
  • Miss Scarlet's School of Patternless Sewing by Kathy Cano-Murillo
  • A Creed in Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller
  • Zero Game by Mark Russinovich
  • The Bird House by Kelly Simmons  

Reading Now: 
  • Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton (audiobook)
  • Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran (review)
  • Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich (library, audiobook)
  • So Much Pretty by Cara Hoffman
Next:
  • Letters From Home by Kristina McMorris
  • Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
  • The Emperor's Tomb by Steve Berry
  • Red Wolf by Liza Marklund

Summary -

Busy week with the boys starting baseball plus the Pinewood Derby yesterday - it was the last one for our oldest boy - he'll be a Boy Scout by this time next year, but our youngest will be starting Cub Scouts next year and will have 4 years of Pinewood Derbies.

I was out of work a few days because of a symptom flare-up, but that meant reading time.  Reading takes my mind off of the pain so that's what I do when I'm not sleeping or tending to the family.

It was a good week overall - I think baseball this year will be fun.  The families involved are great so I'm looking forward to my kids playing.  I'm not sure how much reading time I'll get during practice since I tend to run my mouth with the other moms since it's a great and fun group.

Best of the weekFor a joyful feel-good read it's Miss Scarlet's School of Patternless Sewing.  For suspense/action/awesome characters it's The Kensei.


How was your week?

7 comments:

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

I will say that I enjoyed Creed in Stone Creek even though it was predictable and an easy read. It was just what I was looking for! Check out My Monday Post here.

Heather said...

I'm seeing the Patternless Sewing a lot this week. Everyone seems to like it. I'll have to check it out.

Bonnie said...

What did you think of Miss Scarlet's School of Patternless Sewing? I added it to my TBR list as soon as I saw it!

You can see my post here:
http://handsandhome.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Madame Tussaud needs my attention soon - like a weekend read would be nice ;)

Jan von Harz said...

I've read a lot of good things about Madame Tussaud. Hope you enjoyed it. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I'm really into thrillers at the moment, so I wonder what the Liza Marklund book is like.

Actually I'm reading a very low-key thriller at the moment called The Secret Diary of Alice in Wonderland, Aged 42 and Three-Quarters. :-)

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Another Madame Tussaud...looks like I'll be staying green (with envy) for St. Patrick's Day! So many people are going to be reading it this week. You read several last week...great job. I'm emulating (trying to) all you prolific readers.

Happy reading!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.