Monday, February 7, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - February 8

teasertuesdays31

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 
Beeko arched his eyebrows. "Do you want me to make something up for you, Reverend? I'm not daft enough to guess or dead certain either way.  Let me tell you how it is; I've seen it too many times: the naturalists, they'll take one side, the super-naturalists, they'll take the other.  Each group will slug it out, convinced that their position is the right one. Statistics and anecdotes will be cited; holy books, historic figures referenced.  There will be claims of enlightenment and charges of narrow-mindedness.  Along the way converts will be made and lost.  It happens every time. But me?" He locked his hands at his check and steepled his index fingers. "I'll stay in the middle. And I suggest you do the same."
From The Resurrection by Mike Duran


The Resurrection







2 comments:

fredamans said...

Nicely written, just not for me I think.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday_08.html

Jennifer said...

Quite intriguing. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-indefensible.html

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.