1. What are you reading right now?
Hot House Flower by Margot Berwin
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Finishing Hot House Flower because it is so good so far.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Kids are with my parents, hubby is at a hunt club workday, I only had to do laundry and just a few household things.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I've had a few, I don't let them bother me - I just get back to it when I can.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
That I've only read 3 books (2 were partially finished), I thought I could read more, maybe there have been more interruptions than I thought.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope - I think everyone does a wonderful job!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Make sure I don't have anything to do and again have the kids out of the house - that has been a big help and they are having a blast with their grandparents.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Not yet, but I probably will give up around 11 or 12.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Not really - my tip is to just roll with the day, don't get frustrated, just do what you can. If you start to lag in your reading, follow on twitter or visit blogs, it is sure to perk you up. Another thing is to switch books if you start getting sleepy. That really helped me.