This should be an interesting one - I've never done a challenge like this before but I look forward to trying it.
So here's how it works: Between January 1 and December 31, 2010, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a food in the title: Clockwork Orange, Grapes of Wrath, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- A book with a body of water in the title: A River Runs through It, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, The Lake House
- A book with a title (queen, president) in the title: The Murder of King Tut, The Count of Monte Cristo, Lady Susan
- A book with a plant in the title: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Wind in the Willows, The Name of the Rose
- A book with a place name (city, country) in the title: Out of Africa; London; Between, Georgia
- A book with a music term in the title: Song of Solomon, Ragtime, The Piano Teacher
Those are the basics. You can find more about the challenge here.
My list of books will go here:
- Food: Let Them Eat Fruitcake by Melody Carlson
- Body of Water:
- Title: Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
- Plant: Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
- Place name: Sydney's DC Discovery by Jean Fischer
- Music Term: Welcome to Harmony by Jodi Thomas