Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Review: Reunion in Death by J.D. Robb



Reunion in Death by J.D. Robb (Eve Dallas #16)





rating: 4.0/5.0










Book Description:
At exactly 7:30 p.m., Walter Pettibone arrived home to over a hundred friends and family shouting, "surprise!" It was his birthday. Although he had known about the planned event for weeks, the real surprise was yet to come. At 8:45 p.m., a woman with emerald eyes and red hair handed him a glass of champagne. One sip of birthday bubbly, and he was dead.

The woman's name is Julie Dockport. No one at the party knew who she was. But Detective Eve Dallas remembers her all too well. Eve was personally responsible for her incarceration nearly ten years ago. And now, let out on good behavior, she still has nothing but bad intentions. It appears she wants to meet Dallas again - in a reunion neither will forget...
How can I not like this series. It perfectly blends the suspense and the romance. I love that even though Eve and Roarke are married they still grow with each other and their love grows. I love their awkwardness, their passion. They are just amazing together. Add in the secondary characters and the case (or two) to be solved in each book and I am hooked.

I am slowly making my way through this series and this was the first one I listened to on audio and I am impressed. The reader did a wonderful job distinguishing voices and made it very enjoyable to listen two. I have the next two in this series on audio also from audible.com's 3-for-2 sale.

As usual the suspense in this was great - no mystery in who the bad guy is, but Eve is trying to stay one step ahead of her the entire time and it makes it very interesting. Also personal issues are looked at more deeply and Peabody's family comes for a visit. Very good book.


Binding: Audiobook (or paperback)
On-sale Date: 2002
Publisher: Berkley
Pages: 384

1 comments:

M.A.D. said...

Mary D
zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Reunion in Death sounds like a really fun thriller - I'm putting it on my 'want' list :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.