Here is this week's Booking Through Thursday question:
Yesterday, April 15th, was Tax Day here in the U.S., which means lots of lucky people will get refunds of over-paid taxes.
Whether you’re one of them or not, what would you spend an unexpected windfall on? Say … $50? How about $500?
(And, this is a reading meme, so by rights the answer should be book-related, but hey, feel free to go wild and splurge on anything you like.)
Well I am one of the lucky ones and we are getting a refund. If I could do whatever I wanted with it, I would spend my money on books. I would first go to my local indie bookstore and buy and then I would go and walk around BAM for awhile. I would be looking for:
- Sleeping in Daylight by Elizabeth Flock
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Life Without Summer by Lynne Griffin
- Terminal Freeze by Lincoln Child
- Honolulu by Alan Brennert
- Tomato Girl by Jayne Popek
- Need by Carrie Jones
- Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas
- Second Opinion by Michael Palmer
But alas, we will have insurance and property taxes and a new water softener to buy, so there will be very little to spend. But I think we will have a little to spend and I will be buying books!