Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Story of a Girl by Sarah Zarr


I read about this book on a blog and I'm sorry to say I can't remember which one. I wish I could because I would go and thank the person who did the review because it made me want to read this book and I'm glad I did.

The book's central question seems to be - can you change your life even though you have made mistakes in the past. As adults we know we can though it can be difficult. As a teenager, Deanna Lambert is struggling with this question. After being caught in an indescetion as a 13-year-old with her brother's best friend by her father, Deanna has had to live with being "that" girl. She's now in high school and even though she is not like "that" anymore, she still lives with it daily. As summer comes she starts to explore more of who she is and how what she has done affects everyone. There is her family - her brother who is her best friend, his girlfriend and their baby daughter. She longs to be a family with them. There is her mother who tries hard to keep the peace in the family but works so much she's hardly there and there is her father who has not really looked at Deanna since that fateful night. Deanna also has two good friends. As the summer progresses Deanna learns a lot of things - about her family, her friends and especially herself. It's a wonderful and quick story to read and I highly recommend it to all - from teenagers to adults.


Author's website

On Sale Date: February 1, 2008
Date Started: 03-19-09
Date Finished: 03-19-09
From: Booksfree
Publisher: Little Brown Young Readers
Rating: 4.0/5.0
Genre: Young Adult
Setting: small town outside San Francisco, CA
Characters: Deanna Lambert, Darren Lambert
Pages: 192

Other Reviews:

Natasha @ Mawbooks


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.