Here is my introductory meme and I'll see you in an hour or two. :)
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Coastal NC, a little town outside of Beaufort (pronounced bow-fort here in NC). Today is opening day of rifle season for deer so my hubby and oldest son are gone all day. It's supposed to be a nice fall day.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Lucky (an It Girl novel) by Cecily Ziegler, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke, and many others. I'm completely undecided on what I'm going to read, so here's a look at some of my possibilities on my Goodreads shelf for today.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Corn chips. I have a salt fetish at the moment. Also Hershey Special Dark. I'm gluten-intolerant so my choices are a little more limited. But if I need a break I have some chocolate chip cookie mix I can make, cookie dough - yum!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a wife, working mom, mom to two boys and a newly made football mom (my oldest is playing middle school ball). I love football so this is one of the most exciting things for me right now. I love to read obviously and have been doing the read-a-thon since 2010. However I don't think I've ever made it past 1am. I probably won't this year either as I am recovering from a flare-up from whatever you want to name what is wrong with me (doctors are still trying to figure out after 5 years). I will try to make it as long as I can.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? What I'll do different: take breaks, move around, read different books in different formats to change things up. Make cookies, maybe listen to some music and participate in as many challenges for something to change things up as I can.
So there you go, I have my cup of green tea ready, a stack of books on my kindle, my tablet (scribd) and physical books as well. I'm kicking off hour 1 with Ruthless by Sara Shepard on my tablet, I'm at 17% which puts me on about page 60. See you in a bit!