Welcome to ArmchairBEA! While I would love to be in New York this week, it's just not in the cards for me, so I'm joining in from home. And it's day one, so here's my answer to the interview questions! Can't wait to see the others and learn more about my fellow bloggers!
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? My name is Crystal, I live on the beautiful coast of NC with my husband of 15 years (we've been together 21, since the end of high school), our two sons (12 & 8), a black cat, Buckwheat and our pound puppy Chewbacca, oh and a goldfish. I work in marine science (hurricane storm surge work) and read every chance I get. I've been blogging since March 2009 when I started having health problems and was home from work more. I really did it to keep up with what I was reading, but it blossomed into so much more. I've kept up blogging because I enjoy it.
- Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or
something special about your current location. Feel free to share
pictures. I live outside of Beaufort, NC in the beautiful world called Down East. I actually live in Otway which is named for Otway Burns who was a privateer during the War of 1812. Also Blackbeard's ship, the Queen Anne's Revenge was found just off of Shackleford which is where we spend a lot of our time when we are boating, though we spend more time at the Cape Lookout end, which you can see the beauty here:
- What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013? I'm currently reading Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love the Nick Chronicles books and this one is pretty good. My favorite book changes at least once a month, but right now I would say it has been Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts.
- Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. I'm what my husband calls a lizard. I love to be out in the sun all warm and cozy. It can be 90+ and high humidity (like we have anything else around here) and I will be on the boat laying out while Mitch and the kids are playing in the water complaining about the heat. That makes me happy. Oh and I have to have a book of course.
- What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? The camaraderie, the friendliness and the helpfulness of so many bloggers. I haven't been commenting like I use to but I plan on getting back to it as soon as my son's ball season is over and summer starts. I also love getting feedback on books, finding new-to-me authors and just enjoying reading posts.
If you are new to my blog or new to the blogosphere please comment and let me know you stopped by and I will get by your blog as well. I hope to make my way through the list, but it's usually huge. Also if you are an oldie like me, please comment as well, I know I'm missing some great blogs out there!