Today I welcome Holly Stephens, author of Second Rate Chances. She's here as part of her blog tour and will be sharing her top five things that inspire her.
The top five things that inspire me, as an author, are:
1. Music. It’s how it all starts for me. I can hear a song on the radio and maybe one line in it will
spark an idea for a book. Then as I sit on the idea, I’ll hear other songs that keep adding to the storyline. Before I know it, I’ve got a solid idea working.
2. Other authors! I read so much. I read books in the genre’s I want to write and I read from genre’s that I don’t write in. I’ve learned so much from reading other author’s works. They say in order to be a good writer you have to read and that statement is so true.
3. My family inspires me. We hit rough times when I can’t sit down at the computer like I’d like to-
whether it’s spending time watching TV with my husband or playing Lego’s with my son- but when it
comes down to the wire, they are there to remind me of what I need to do.
4. Traveling. The series I plan to release this summer was inspired by a trip to the beach we took
this summer. I spent so much time documenting the smell of the air, the sound of the waves, even going as far as to jotting down the names of the condo’s that we passed for city names.
5. My readers inspire me as well. It’s because of them that I continue to drive myself to write. I
realize that not everyone will like you, or what you write, but if I can please those that love my works, then that’s what matters.
About Second Rate Chances
After countless visits with her shrink and too many sleepless nights waiting for the one man she loves to walk back through the door, Lil wants nothing more than to separate herself from the life she used to have. But the moment Sam smiles at her, Lil knows it's going to take more than self-restraint to stay away.
Second-Rate Chances is about a young man fighting to regain his memory, and the one thing in his life that felt real. A modern-day Samson and Delilah, it's a look at what it means to love and be loved, and to fight though it seems hopeless.
People have often told me that I live in a fantasy world. Little did they know, I was building an empire of stories in my head to one day share.
I'm a mother first, a wife second, and a writer third. I'm so thankful to have been given this chance to get my stories out of my head and onto paper.
When I'm not writing, I sell plumbing (no I'm not kidding) and read romances that leave my heart a flutter. I know a ridiculous amount of pop culture information and can quote certain movies word for word. Music drives me to write and to also sing off key.
Blog / Twitter / Facebook / Goodreads
Enter the Tour-wide giveaway for a ebook and signed Paperback
a Rafflecopter giveaway