Monday, June 11, 2012

Pick Your Thon Starting Line

 
You know I love a read-a-thon, so when I saw the Pick Your Thon, I had to join in.  Pick Your Thon is being hosted by The Book Monsters and it's up to you what you do this week.  You can do a read-a-thon or a review-a-thon or both.  So come join in.  There are prizes and just general fun.  Check out the main post for more information.
 
1. Which thon are you choosing? Readathon, Reviewathon or both? And why?
I'm doing both because I have a lot of reading and reviewing to catch up on.

2. Where are you from? You can be vague or specific, up to you. 
I'm from coastal NC from around the southern end of the outer banks.  I love it here, we're right at the beach and while we don't actually go to the beach, we do typically head out in the boat every weekend.  I wouldn't trade living here for anything.

3. Say a little bit about yourself so we can get to know you if we don't already! 
I work as a research assistant in marine science and work with hurricane modeling.  I love it.  I have a husband I have been with for 20 years and married to for almost 15 years.  We have two boys, one is 11 and one is 7.  We are pretty laid back.  All four of us love to read. Mitch is reading the Game of Thrones series at the moment.  The 11-year old is obsessed with anything R.L. Stine and the 7-year-old loves Magic Treehouse.  As I mentioned earlier on weekends we can usually be found anchored up out in our boat near Cape Lookout with friends.  Beautiful view and fun for the kids to play.  I obviously will be found lounging with a book in my hand when not chatting the afternoon away. :)

4. What are you currently reading or about to pick up to read?
I am currently reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and it is amazing so far.  I'm not sure what is next . . .

5. What are your goals for this Pick Your Thon?
I'm planning to write at least two reviews a day (not to post each day, just to write and schedule them) and then to read as much as I can (hopefully finish Gone Girl and read 1-2 more books).


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Welcome and good luck!
I think I might schedule a few of my reviews, at least.
I really like your style of writing!

Kristen said...

Some great goals and it seems like you live in a beautiful place! Thanks for joining us!

Cindy said...

Good luck with your reading/reviewing goals! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.