Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (2)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is all about books to read in one day. Quoted from The Broke and The Bookish:  "So it's basically a list of books that had me so on the edge of my seat reading them that I shushed everyone who dared interrupt me :)".  You can go to The Broke and the Bookish to see their list and to join in the meme this week.

Here is my Top Ten books I recommend reading in one day (in no particular order, links to my reviews are given if available):
  1. Solitary by Travis Thrasher (YA Suspense/Supernatural)
  2. When the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason (Romantic Suspense)
  3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver (YA dystopian)
  4. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (YA contemporary)
  5. Any of The Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent (YA Paranormal, My Soul to Take, My Soul to Lose, My Soul to Save ...)
  6. Any of the Harmony, Texas series by Jodi Thomas (Fiction, Romance, Welcome to Harmony, The Comforts of Home, Somewhere Along the Way, Just Down the Road)
  7. Cobbogoth by Hannah L. Clark (YA, Fantasy)
  8. One Moment by Kristina McBride (YA, Contemporary)
  9. Wither by Lauren DeStefano (YA, Dystopian)
  10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (YA, Futuristic)
I could keep going, most of these I read this year, with only a few being read before the last few months.  All are great and books I wish I could go back and read again for the first time, so if you haven't read them and they are in a genre that appeals to you or you have been wanting to try, then give them a shot!

What books would make your list?  If you blogged about them let me know I would love to see your list so I can add to mine.  If you don't blog, leave me a few of your suggestions, I would love to see them!




2 comments:

juliababyjen said...

Nice list! I also had Delirium on mine! New follower!

Christina/BookTasty said...

I really enjoyed Cinder, but it took me longer b/c I was listening to the audiobook :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.