Monday, April 9, 2012

Author Interview: Griffin Hayes (Malice)




Today I welcome Griffin Hayes, author of Malice to My Reading Room for an author interview.


  1. Describe the area you write in.
 I grew up loving shows like The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits, so I’ve always been drawn to stories that bend the mind and leave a disturbing taste in your mouth.


  1. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I’d love to sail around the world in a tall ship. The idea of it has always fascinated me. I’m just not sure I’m a big fan of climbing up into the rigging.


  1. What made you choose to write in the young adult horror genre (if you don't feel it's the horror genre, feel free to change the genre in the question)?
I didn’t really aim for YA, when I sat down to write Malice, that’s just the way the story tumbled out of me. My latest novel, due out in mid-March is an adult horror novel and I’m gearing up to write a series of thrillers shortly, so you can see genre-wise, I have varied interests.


  1. Which character really spoke to you when you were writing Malice?
Emotionally definitely Lysander Shore. On the inside he’s a good person who means well, but people assume the worst because he’s goth. If I were to put it in a word, it would be alienation.


  1. What kind of research did you have to do when you were writing Malice?
Lots. Out of body experiences, past life regression, witchcraft trials. I’m sure there’s more, but each of these played a key role in the story and I wanted to portray them as accurately as I could.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.