Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (14)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Joshilyn Jackson is one of the authors I found through other bloggers and I have devoured her books ever since.  I especially love her books on audio as she reads them herself and I adore her southern accent and really feel she brings her characters to life.  Her books are different, sad usually, dealing with difficult subjects, but they are good and I love each one of them and I look forward to this one at the end of the month.  I may save my audible credit to get it on audio.



A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilyn Jackson
Publish Date: 1/25/2012
A GROWN-UP KIND OF PRETTY is a powerful saga of three generations of women, plagued by hardships and torn by a devastating secret, yet inextricably joined by the bonds of family. Fifteen-year-old Mosey Slocumb-spirited, sassy, and on the cusp of womanhood-is shaken when a small grave is unearthed in the backyard, and determined to figure out why it's there. Liza, her stroke-ravaged mother, is haunted by choices she made as a teenager. But it is Jenny, Mosey's strong and big-hearted grandmother, whose maternal love braids together the strands of the women's shared past--and who will stop at nothing to defend their future.

So what are you waiting on this week?



2 comments:

Shonda said...

I've read glowing reviews about this author, but I haven't read any of her books. This one sounds good. Maybe I'll start with this one.

Vicky said...

Hm, I'm not sure if I've heard about this one. It does sound familiar but I don't know where I've seen the cover or read the synopsis. Anyway, it sounds like a great read! :)

Here's my pick for this week.

Have a great day,
Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.