Friday, December 23, 2011

Author This or That: Kimberly Reid (My Own Worst Frenemy)



Today I welcome Kimberly Reid, author of My Own Worst Frenemy, the first novel in the new Langdon Prep series.  She's here to tell us whether she prefers this or that.  Thanks Kimberly for joining us.

You can find my review of My Own Worst Frenemy here.

Breakfast or Brunch?
Brunch: It’s two meals in one so I can choose something rich like Belgian waffles, salmon crepes or eggs Benedict – oatmeal and yogurt have no place at a proper brunch. Plus, sometimes you get to have champagne. That’s so decadent in the middle of the day.


Regular Law & Order or SVU?
Regular: That was one of my favorite cop shows because it showed both the investigation and prosecution of a case. I always compare it to what I know of the process from my parents and husband, who all work in the law business. Between them, two have worked for the police, two for the prosecution, and one for the defense – so I had a chance to learn all sides of real life cases, including sitting in the courtroom for some of the jury trials they worked.

Sedan or Sports Car?
Sedan: I drive a sedan because it’s practical, but I’ve been fantasizing about driving a Ferrari since I was a kid. One year I thought I was cute and put it on my Christmas list, and my mom gave me a model Ferrari – a red 308 GTS. I still have it, right here on my desk, and I still dream I’ll one day have an extra half million lying around so I can buy one. While I’m dreaming, I’d also like a Lamborghini Gallardo in yellow.

Laptop or Ipad?
Laptop: I need a real keyboard. I don’t play around either – I have a laptop for writing, one for online stuff, plus a netbook. I’m mostly old school, but I used to work in the tech world and like my gadgets. My current favorite is a Wacom graphic tablet. Very fun, except it keeps me away from the laptop, which is bad for deadlines. I should probably have someone hide it from me until I finish the book I’m currently working on.

High Heels or Flip Flops?
High Heels: But not the crazy five and six inch heels. I need to be able to walk in them and I’m not super coordinated as it is. Heels don’t require your pedicure to be perfect, and have more support than Flip Flops, so they’re more practical than they look. This is what I tell myself when I leave DSW with heels that probably won’t get much wear since I mostly work from home in a T-shirt and yoga pants.

Trip around the world or trip to the moon?
The world: I love to travel and there are so many places on the planet I haven’t seen yet. My favorite part of traveling is discovering the food and music of each new place, and they don’t have either of those things on the moon.

M&Ms: Peanut or Plain?
Peanut: I delude myself that the protein makes them more nutritious.

Hair: Short or Long?
Long: I recently cut my hair short for the first time in a couple of decades. I’ll probably grow it out again – though I’m having fun with it being short, so you never know…

Necklace or Bracelet?
Bracelet: I have a ton that I never wear. I’m always at a keyboard writing a book or creating a spreadsheet at a day job, and bracelets get in the way. But I wore them all the time back in the day, before I had to earn a living on a computer.

Take a walk or go to the gym?
Walking: It clears my head and lets me think through life stuff while I get a little exercise. It’s also my favorite time to brainstorm book ideas and work through problems in my manuscripts. Bonus: when you live in Colorado, there’s no shortage of scenery.


Write at home or write somewhere else?
At home: I need perfect quiet for first drafts so I wake crazy early, before the rest of the house is up. For revising and editing, I can deal with some background noise, but I still need to be in my home office. The problem with working from home is fighting the urge to do normally boring stuff that suddenly becomes critical and/or interesting when I’m in writing procrastination mode – things like folding laundry, paying the bills, or cleaning the oven.

Spring or Fall?
Spring: I love the promise of it. Spring fever is a very real condition and lucky for me, I always catch it.


About My Own Worst Frenemy
Straight outta the Mile High City, Chanti Evans is an undercover cop's daughter and an exclusive private school's newest student. But Chanti is learning fast that when it comes to con games, the streets have nothing on Langdon Prep.


With barely a foot in the door, fifteen-year-old Chanti gets on the bad side of school queen bee Lissa and snobbish Headmistress Smythe. They've made it their mission to take Chanti down and she needs to find out why, especially when stuff begins disappearing around campus, making her the most wanted girl in school, and not in a good way. But the last straw comes when she and her Langdon crush, the seriously hot Marco Ruiz, are set up to take the heat for a series of home burglaries--and worse. . . .




buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.