Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon Mid Event Meme


I was out to eat with my husband during the official mid-event mark, so I'm a little late posting, but wanted to do the meme.  I couldn't resist going out though - we didn't have the kids and had a free steak at Outback coupon to use - the meal was delicious and the company was great, now I'm home and ready to put some more hours to the readathon!

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
This Brave Balance by Rusalka Reh (translated by Katy Derbyshire)

2. How many books have you read so far?
I've finished 2 - Dark Eden by Patrick Carman and Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I'm not sure what I'm reading next so I don't know.  I've just been going by the seat of my pants today picking books.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No - I lucked into my arrangements when my parents asked to keep the kids this weekend so they could take them to the county fair and the hubby was hunting all day.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Just the supper interruption, and it was no big deal - I have learned to take the interruptions in stride, I know due to my health I am not making the full 24 hours so I'll just read as much as I can.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How much reading I did today without getting sleepy.  And I think I have participated in more mini-challenges this readathon.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, I love it the way it is!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Nothing - I would hope I could get the kids to a grandparents house because I think that has made the biggest difference.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Not yet, but I will probably start winding down between 12am-1am.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Not that I know of - thanks to the Cheerleaders and other Readers that have stopped by today!


End of Hour 14 update:
Time spent blogging: 120 minutes
Mini-challenges: 4
Time spent reading:  510 minutes
Pages read: 733
Books read: 2, Dark Eden by Patrick Carman, Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson
Time spent visiting blogs: 35 minutes
Blogs visited: 15
Misc time (lunch, supper & other things):  210 minutes


2 comments:

samantha.1020 said...

I think dinner out sounds lovely!! Hope you are having lots of fun and getting some reading done along the way :)

*Keep it up,
You're doing great,
Read lots of books,
And stay up late!*

Mystica said...

You are doing brilliantly. Enjoy.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.