Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon End of Event Meme

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?  Hour 17, this is right before I went to bed - I started nodding off.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Anthony John was the last one I picked up and it was witty and cute, I haven't finished it yet, but it was an easy read.  Dark Eden by Patrick Carman was a definite thrill ride, someone else was reading The Poison Diaires: Nightshade by Maryrose Wood which was a definite quick read when I read it
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  None that I can think of.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?  The website was great and I loved the twitter hashtag as well.  I also had fun with the mini-challenges.
  5. How many books did you read?  3
  6. What were the names of the books you read?  Dark Eden by Patrick Carman, Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson and This Brave Balance by Rusalka Reh
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?  Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson
  8. Which did you enjoy least?  tough call the other two were both good
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  I'll be participating again and I'll be a reader again.
Final Stats (made it to the end of hour 17):
Time spent blogging: 155 minutes
Mini-challenges: 6
Time spent reading:  650 minutes
Pages read: 896
Books read: 3, Dark Eden by Patrick Carman, Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson, This Brave Balance by Rusalka Reh
Time spent visiting blogs: 35 minutes
Blogs visited: 15
Misc time (lunch, supper & other things):  210 minutes




3 comments:

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I need to get on twitter before next years readathon. I felt like I was missing out. You did great!

LoriStrongin said...

Wow. You guys are super hard cord. By hour 16, I think my eyes would've been bleeding out of my skull.


Smiles!
Lori

Tami said...

Hope you had a wonderful read-a-thon. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's so fun to meet new people and discover new blogs. Now following you on Twitter.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.