Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - September 28


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday
(follow up to Deadly Cool)
Publish Date: 2012 (no firm date that I found yet)
Twittercide [twit-er-sahyd]: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.
Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the Herbert Hoover High Homepage would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper's brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went...a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the Homecoming Queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH's resident body finder, I'm stuck trying to prove that Sydney's death wasn't suicide.
I'm starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos...
I read Deadly Cool in August for the book tour that started this week (my review went up yesterday) and I really enjoyed it.  When putting together my post I saw Gemma already had up information for the next book so I knew exactly what my WoW would be!  I really enjoyed the spunky heroine of Hartley in Deadly Cool and I look forward to more of her in Social Suicide.

So what are you waiting on this week?



15 comments:

joyh82 said...

Sounds great, have fun reading this week.

Rachel said...

I haven't read Deadly Cool yet but it is on my TBR list. Sounds interesting. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Unknown said...

I just got an ARC of Deadly Cool yesterday! I love this cover more than the first though. Awesome pick!

Stop by my WoW

Anonymous said...

So glad that Gemma Halliday has started writing YA. Can't wait to read this either.

Giselle said...

I've been meaning to read Deadly Cool I have a copy. It sounds like a great series.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Anonymous said...

Great pick. it's sound like great book.

Jennifer said...

Sounds awesome! I still need to read Deadly Cool though. Adding this gem to my to-read list. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah (The Book Life) said...

I haven't read Deadly Cool, but it's on my TBR list! If it's as good as you say, I'm sure I'll be pining for this one, too :0)

Bleuette said...

I haven't read Deadly, Cool yet but it looks pretty interesting.

- Thanks for stopping by earlier!

Emma said...

Haven't read Deadly Cool but I keep looking at it. It's gonna have to go on my list of book series I need to read :).

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Natalie said...

I've never heard of Deadly Cool! I'll have to go check it out now :)

Jeanna said...

I haven't read Deadly Cool yet but I love how the general theme between the covers are with the ipod font. Great WoW! Happy reading!

Erica said...

I love the cover, Deadly Cool is up soon on mt tbr. Nice to know there's a follow up.

Patricia said...

May I just say: Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike! :O

IdentitySeeker said...

Wow! This sounds like a fun read. It's the first I've heard of it and I might just add it to my to-read list.

Sarah @ Random Thoughts of A Confused Adolescent

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.