Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Jennifer Brown's Top Ten Current Books
1. Sorta Like a Rockstar by Matthew Quick
2. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
3. Room by Emma Donoghue
4. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
5. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
6. Crash Into Me by Albert Borris
7. The Sky Always Hears Me and the Hills Don’t Mind by Kristin Cronn-Mills
8. Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can’t Have by Allen Zadoff
9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
10. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
About Bitter End
When Alex falls for the charming new boy at school, Cole, a handsome, funny, sports star who adores her, she can't believe she's finally found her soul mate-someone who truly understands her and loves her for who she really is.
At first, Alex is blissfully happy. Sure, Cole seems a little jealous of her relationship with her best friends, Zack and Bethany, but what guy would want his girlfriend spending all of her time with another boy? But as the months pass, Alex can no longer ignore Cole's small put-downs, pinches, or increasingly violent threats. As Alex struggles to come to terms with the sweet boyfriend she fell in love with and the boyfriend whose "love" she no longer recognizes, she is forced to choose - between her "true love" and herself.