My Teenage Garage Sale from 1988, Fall of Senior Year of High School.
Everything Must Go!
1. My Unrelenting Sarcasm (no value): When I was 17, this was my most overused personality trait and I wish I’d sold it off then. Sarcasm is a way of making people feel bad while safeguarding your own emotions. No fun.
2. My Little Brothers, ages 8-16: (Four for $1.00): Even though I love them all dearly, I probably would have sold them back then. The house always smelled like feet, the backyard was a jungle of skateboard ramps, and the TV was only on the Sports Channel. Ugh.
3. My AP Physics Notebook ($5.00): How’d I place into honors physics? No idea. I did not belong there and I had no idea what I was doing there. Good doodles in the notebook, though.
4. My Paula Abdul mix tape: (no value, but I could be blackmailed with it).
5. My “signature” Benetton body fragrance (no value): for when you want to smell like inside an old lady’s pocketbook.
6. The real scent of my VW Rabbit (priceless). I think if I caught a whiff of that plastic/tanning oil/French fries scent, it would catapult me into a matrix of high school memories from which I might never return.
7. My impulse-purchase M.C. Hammer pants. ($20.00 for the real silk). I truly thought I rocked this look. Sad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
8. My freshman-in-college boyfriend’s love letters to me ($200.00): I actually don’t know where these are, but I’d pay a grown-up amount of money to see them again. They were a touch scandalous, as I recall.
Thanks Adele for that fun look into your past!
About the Book
When 17-year-old Jamie arrives on the idyllic New England island of Little Bly to work as a summer au pair, she is stunned to learn of the horror that precedes her. Seeking the truth surrounding a young couple's tragic deaths, Jamie discovers that she herself looks shockingly like the dead girl—and that she has a disturbing ability to sense the two ghosts. Why is Jamie's connection to the couple so intense? What really happened last summer at Little Bly? As the secrets of the house wrap tighter and tighter around her, Jamie must navigate the increasingly blurred divide between the worlds of the living and the dead.
Brilliantly plotted, with startling twists, here is a thrilling page-turner from the award-winning Adele Griffin
I have one copy of Tighter by Adele Griffin to giveaway. Open to US/Canada only, simply fill out the form below. Ends 5/30/2011.
If you can't see the form below, you can find it here.