Love Means Zero – Meet the Roommates
In my novel Love Means Zero, Hilton, Jill, Todd, and Luke are roommates, best friends, and, essentially, their own little family. Here are 4 things you may not know about each member of this Fab 4.
1) I’m an only child. I like to think it’s made me a strong person because I spent a lot of time alone growing up and I got to know myself really well.
2) I was named after the hotel where I was conceived – I don’t know which Hilton it was and I don’t intend to ask!
3) I was in one serious relationship before Luke. It (not just the guy, but the situation too) totally broke my heart. It took me over a year to recover.
4) I want everything I can get out of life. There’s no reason to stop going after more!
1) I was pretty shy in high school, but I loved every minute of it. I had great friends and a great time. But it’s been over the last few years and the end of college that I’ve really become “me,” the person I am today, where I’m not shy anymore and I can always just act like myself and not hide any of my feelings. I love it, and I love my life!
2) I am fascinated by the 1920s and kind of wish I’d been young in that decade.
3) Todd and I have a messed-up history, some people might say. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything, and I’m really happy about where we are now. J
4) I am obsessed with the show Friends. I still try to watch at least one episode a day, and I can tell you within 30 seconds of it coming on which episode it is.
1) I am a joker and love to mess with people. Watch out. ;)
2) I need to travel more; I haven’t been that many cool places. I think it’d be fun to live somewhere else someday.
3) I have a dog Scrappy who lives with my mom. Jill got him for me as a present in high school when she worked at the humane shelter. Best present ever. I wanna bring him back to live w/ us now that we live together.
4) I have crazy hair. It’s why Jill first liked me. Now…well…she loves everything. Who wouldn’t? Okay, just joking…I warned you.
1) I’m in law school but have no idea what kind of law I really want to practice, so I went with corporate stuff as my focus.
2) I am really dreading the bar exam. I try not to think about it too much, but it’s this annoying nagging thing in the back of my head every day.
3) Hilton is the only girl I can say I’ve loved.
4) I’m 100% happy. Love my girlfriend, love my roommates, even love all the law school pressure…especially complaining about it. J
is an obsessive tennis fan and wrote Love Means Zero, in which Hilton gets a job as a photographer for a tennis magazine, so she could live out her dream-job fantasy through Hilton. But don’t worry If you’re not a tennis fan; Love Means Zero still has all the drama and suspense of Daisy’s previous books! Those books include Everything Happens for a Reason…, the Spin the Bottle series, and All That Sparkles Isn’t Real Sapphire. Before she published her first book, Daisy grew up in Jordan watching tennis all summer every summer on TV and having her own fair share of high school and college boy drama, much like her characters. She now lives in Indiana and religiously fills out brackets for every Grand Slam with her brother Josh, while still managing to find time for boy drama. Daisy can be found online at: Denver