Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - April 7




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



The Carrie Diaries
The Carrie Diaries by Candance Bushnell 
Release: April 27, 2010 (my son's birthday)

From Goodreads:
Before Carrie Bradshaw hit the big time in the City, she was a regular girl growing up in the suburbs of Connecticut. How did she turn into one of the most-read social observers of our generation?

The Carrie Diaries opens up in Carrie's senior year of high school. She and her best friends -- Walt, Lali, Maggie, and the Mouse -- are inseparable, amid the sea of Jens, Jocks and Jets. And then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture. Sebastian is a bad boy-older, intriguing, and unpredictable. Carrie falls into the relationship that she was always supposed to have in high school-until a friend's betrayal makes her question everything. With her high school days coming to a close, Carrie will realize it's finally time to go after everything she ever wanted.

Rabid fans of Sex and the City will love seeing Carrie Bradshaw evolve from a regular girl into a sharp, insightful writer. They'll learn about her family background -- how she found her writing voice, and the indelible impression her early friendships and relationships left on her. We'll see what brings Carrie to her beloved New York City, where the next Carrie Diaries book will take place.

I've watched the first few seasons of Sex and the City so I am interested to see what Carrie was like in high school.  I love her character on the show so this book makes it onto my really-want-to-read pile!

5 comments:

CHRISTIE said...

It has a pretty cover! I never got into The Sex and the City shows or movie. Most of my friends were huge fans though.

Oh and my daughter’s birthday is April 27th too :)

Jill said...

It's ridiculous what a fan I am. Own all the seasons, read the original book, seen the movie. :)The "sex" aside, it's about the friendships between the women, which I love.

All that to say...this one's on my list, too! :)

Jan von Harz said...

Me too had this as a WoW a few weeks ago.

Darlene said...

Great pick! I'd love to read this one as well!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm a fan of the show. I haven't seen or heard much about this book, though. Sounds good!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.