One year ago today I restarted my blog and I have kept it up regularly since then (and for me that is a major miracle). So what have I learned in this first year?
- Blogging is time-consuming. Once you get to reviewing books for others there are deadlines and special posts and interviews and other things that take a little more time.
- Even though it is time-consuming, it is well worth it. I have gotten to know some wonderful authors and had a great time reading books.
- I have read the big names and I have read new authors. New authors are so fun to work with because they really want to get their names out there. The big authors are fun too - they are just much busier.
- I love blogging to help the lesser-known authors. There are some wonderful authors out there waiting to be the next big author and each blog that helps put out good reviews help that author get closer and closer to that.
- Blogging has expanded my reading repertoire quite a bit. I was pretty much a romance, romantic suspense and suspense kind of girl. I still am, but I have read self-help, non-fiction, biographies, historical fiction, general fiction, literary fiction, science fiction and my new love young adult.
- Bloggers are wonderful helpful people. Even though I don't always have the time to comment on other blogs, know that I am reading and enjoying your reviews and adding to my tbr pile as usual.
- Read-a-thons are a blast. I love telling the hubby and kids - I'm doing a read-a-thon, don't bother mommy and then curling up with book and computer all day long!
Mostly I am looking forward to interacting with you my followers more and reading more great books!
So how to celebrate? Well I'll giveaway three choices from my giveaway pile to one commenter for first place. Two choices for second place and one choice for third place. Know that the pile may change over time as I use it as my general giveaway pile, and that other titles will be added as I finish them. I am working hard to clear my shelves and you can benefit.
To enter, simply comment for the first entry. For an additional entry tell me your favorite thing to see on blogs (reviews, interviews, memes, etc). For other entries, be a follower (rss, email, blogger, networked blogs, twitter - see my sidebar to follow), tweet about this giveaway (1 entry per day), and post on your blog (sidebar is fine). Open to international because I know I have readers everywhere! Giveaway closes on April 1.
Please use separate comments for each entry as it makes it easy for me to pick winners. I will be randomizing the entries and then drawing so don't worry if you are first or last - the entries will be shuffled up in the computerized hat.
Thanks to all of you who follow me and read my blog - it's been a great first year because of you!
Here's the 20 of my current selection of books (subject to change, but there will always be plenty to choose from, some are arcs, some are hardcovers, paperbacks, etc. All are in good shape, read once.)
Link to my complete giveaway shelf: