Friday, February 26, 2010

Award

I am finally going to try and be good about posting awards I receive and giving them away.  So I'm sorry if I haven't accepted your award in the past - there was no real reason behind it besides not finding the time.  From now on I will do better - if you are kind enough to give me an award I will be thankful and post it on here.

So here goes my first one:


I received the Sugar Doll award from Katrina at Bloody Bad, whose blog I love, if you haven't checked her out - please do. She received the award from Pinkilili at Sandals and Snowshoes, who is new at blogging so head over there and say hi, remember what it was like when you were new?

The rules are list 10 things about yourself and you can pass it on or just paste it on your blog.

10 things about myself:

  1. I still love to eat hot dogs and macaroni and cheese
  2. I like to sing Cowboy by Kid Rock with my kids on the way to school in them morning (and they love it too - we use the edited version of course)
  3. I love to sing when no one is around, when others are around I don't like to as much except with my kids in the car.  Right  now my favorite band is Daughtry.
  4. I threaten my oldest son with blaring songs from a Veggie Tales CD when dropping him off at school in the morning (he's in third grade).  I know I'm evil.
  5. I love young adult books and it's all the book bloggers' fault - I didn't read YA until I started reading blogs.  (seriously I'm glad they turned me on to it)
  6. I love living on the coast of NC but rarely go to the beach.
  7. I have happy meal toys on my desk at work.
  8. I love NASCAR and pull for Tony Stewart (and anyone who doesn't drive for Hendricks motorsports)
  9. I have a new Kindle that I never get to read from because I am busy reading books for review.
  10. I love living near enough to my parents that they can be a part of my boys' life.  I love watching their love for their grandparents'.  It's special.
Five bloggers whose blogs I enjoy. Those who received this award can pass it on or just paste it on their blog.
  1. A Reader's Respite
  2. Ms. Bookish
  3. What Was I Reading?
  4. The Printed Page 
  5. At Home With Books

Thank you Katrina for the award!

2 comments:

fredamans said...

Congrats everyone! Lovely award!

Alyce said...

Congrats on the award. Thanks for thinking of me!

I didn't know there was an edited/unedited version of the Cowboy song. I guess I'll have to go take a look at the lyrics. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.