Sunday, January 3, 2010

Review: I, Alex Cross by James Patterson

I, Alex Cross (Alex Cross, #16) I, Alex Cross by James Patterson


Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Publish Date: November 16, 2009
Pages: 400
Genre: Suspense/Thriller
Series: Alex Cross #16
From: My local library


My rating: 4.25/5.0

I have read the Alex Cross books from the beginning when my husband's step-dad told us about Along Came a Spider.  I have eagerly awaited each yearly installment and read it through.  The first five or so were great and then they were just ok.  I wasn't ready to give them up though because I enjoy Alex Cross and James Patterson can really come up with some demented bad guys.  I am so glad I did not give them up because this installment reminds me of what got me reading these books to begin with.

If you haven't read the series, don't worry - you can jump right in with this one.  It works great as a standalone.

I think it helps that this one is not co-authored.  I enjoy Patterson's co-authors, but I really don't want them on my Alex Cross books.  This has the feel of the old Alex Cross books with Alex, the family and the case.  And this case is a doozy and very suspenseful.  Even though a very small clue is given in the book I never picked up on it until the bad guy was given away.  I was trying to figure it out the whole time and could not get it.  Very suspenseful through the entire book.  I could hardly put it down, especially the last 200 pages.  A thrill-ride until the end - this Alex Cross book does not disappoint.

About the Book:
You can't run
Detective Alex Cross is pulled out of a family celebration and given the awful news that a beloved relative has been found brutally murdered. Alex vows to hunt down the killer, and soon learns that she was mixed up in one of Washington's wildest scenes. And she was not this killer's only victim.

You can't hide
The hunt for her murderer leads Alex and his girlfriend, Detective Brianna Stone, to a place where every fantasy is possible, if you have the credentials to get in. Alex and Bree are soon facing down some very important, very protected, very dangerous people in levels of society where only one thing is certain--they will do anything to keep their secrets safe.

Alex Cross is your only hope to stay alive
As Alex closes in on the killer, he discovers evidence that points to the unimaginable--a revelation that could rock the entire world. With the unstoppable action, unforeseeable twists, and edge-of-your-seat suspense that only a James Patterson thriller delivers, I, Alex Cross is the master of suspense at his sharpest and best.


Challenges:
100+ Reading Challenge
Support Your Local Library Challenge




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.