I would like to welcome Sharon Lathan, Author of My Dearest Mr. Darcy for an author interview here at My Reading Room.
- How did it feel to see all of your hard work come to fruition with of the first book in the series, Mr. and Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One?
- Has the thrill been the same with the release of the two other books in the series, including the newest one, My Dearest Mr. Darcy?
- Without giving anything away - what is My Dearest Mr. Darcy about?
- Do you get time to read? What are your favorite types of books to read?
- What is your favorite room in your house?
- What is your favorite spot to read in?
- What is your favorite snack food?
Crystal: Sorry about the question - I have diet plans too - but keep getting sidetracked by Pez, I know, but the stuff is addicting :)
- Do you have a schedule for writing each day or do you just do it when you can?
- When you first watched the
2005 version of P&P movie
did you fall in love with Mr. Darcy from the beginning or did it take
awhile for you? I must confess I haven
't seen this version of the movie, just the BBC version, so I 'm not sure how different they are. I will be viewing the newer movie after reading your website though :)
- I also read the book after viewing the movie. Do you think doing it this way enhanced your reading of the book (because the characters were already defined in your mind) or do you think you would have gotten more out of it if you read the book first?
Crystal: Too funny that you used the Tolkien books as an example - they were what I was thinking of when I did this question - I know seeing the movies helped me with those books, but I wasn't much of a fantasy reader until recently.
- Any book signings/conferences/public/blog appearances in the near future?
- Any last words on Elizabeth or Mr. Darcy, your new book or anything else that you would like to share?
MY DEAREST MR. DARCY—IN STORES JANUARY 2010
For my lovely readers, Danielle Jackson from Sourcebooks, Inc. is offering a wonderful giveaway of all three books in Sharon Latham's Darcy Saga:Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One, Loving Mr. Darcy and My Dearest Mr. Darcy.