This challenge is designed to get us all reading a little more medieval literature in 2010. The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st, 2010, and will be hosted right here at Medieval Bookworm. Challenge genres include history, medieval literature, and historical fiction. Medieval, for simplicity of definition, will be from 500-1500, and literature from all over the world is welcome, not just western Europe. There are 3 levels:I think I will sign up at the Peasant level with aspirations to be a Lord. I'm going to have to look over the recommendations to make my list which I will post here at a later time.
- Peasant – Read 3 medieval books of any kind.
- Lord – Read 6 medieval books, at least one of each kind.
- King – Read 9 medieval books, at least two of each kind.
To join in the challenge go to Medieval Bookworm and sign up and then check out the other participants.
Here are the books I will try to read:
- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
- World Without End by Ken Follett
- Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
- A Golden Web by Barbara Quick (a fiction retelling of the life of Alessandra Giliani, a great YA historical read)