Friday, December 18, 2009

Review: The Sheriff's Surrender by Susan Page Davis

The Sheriff's Surrender (The Ladies' Shooting Club Series, #1) The Sheriff's Surrender by Susan Page Davis


My rating: 5.0/5.0

I loved this book. Susan Page Davis does a wonderful job setting up this series in this book and while she is setting up and the reader is getting to know the characters,it remains interesting and never drags.

Fergus makes a great setting and I loved learning about the town a little bit at time. I also enjoyed getting to know the characters and watching them grow and change when they were faced with different situations.

The mystery storyline was also superb. Several plausible suspects are given throughout the book, but I didn't feel anything was given away early. It kept me guessing and kept me interested.

The characters were fascinating. From Gert who I really liked to Libby the store owner to Bitsy the saloon owner and her girls, all of the characters add to the story and teach us about understanding and loving others. The characters all have a real feel to them and I can't wait to read more books in this series to get to know them more.

The romance in this is a small part, but it is there and enjoyable. Overall this book was a very enjoyable and feel-good read. This is my first book by Susan Page Davis and I will seek out more of her books.

Thanks to Angie Brillhart, Publicist for Barbour Publishing for sending me this book for review. My mom will be reading this book next and then I will be donating it to my church library.

For more information on this book, the author and a preview please see my FIRST Wild Card Tour post.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.