I received this book through FSB Associates for review.
Publisher: New Harbinger Publications
Release Date: February 2, 2009
A pioneering nutritionist shows you:
- How to strengthen bones with the food you eat
- How to rebuild bone mass naturally
- Why estrogen therapy, calcium supplements & prescription medications are not the answer
- Which foods weaken the bones& diminish bone mass
It's essential to maintain strong bones to keep an active lifestyle, but aside from taking a daily calcium supplement, is there really anything you can do to improve your bone health? With this complete program for stronger bones created by health educator Annemarie Colbin, you'll learn the best foods to eat to build bone mass and find out which foods actually weaken bones. You'll also discover how exercise and finding personal balance can improve your health and prevent fragility fractures, menopause-related bone loss, and osteoporosis.
- What puts you at risk for bone fracture
- Why medication and estrogen therapy may not work for you
- How the nutrients in whole foods build bone mass
- 85 easy recipes that maximize the bone-building effects of whole foods