Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - August 12th


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My "can't-wait-to-read" selection for this week is:

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Release: September 8, 2009







Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church.

The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them.

Nicholas Sparks is the local boy (lives in New Bern about 1 hour away from where I am) and his books take place in NC so I am a sucker for them.

So what are you waiting on this week? Go here to see what everyone else is waiting on.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never read anything by Nicholas Sparks. This one does sound good, though.

Unknown said...

This looks good - I have just bought The Notebook. I loved the movie and thought the book should be good too. Will put this one on my ever increasing tbr list :)

Unknown said...

Good book choice. I enjoy his books.

Check out my pick here.

Missy B. said...

Oh, I can't wait for this one either! I love his novels. Good pick!

Lauren said...

That sounds lovely! I haven't read anything by him - it sounds like I'm missing out.

Darlene said...

I'm with you on this one. I can't wait to read it!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I've missed the last few Sparks books, but I really enjoy the audio books by this author. Three Weeks with my Brother was so good (N/F)

Hop you enjoy the new one when it comes out.

Pixie said...

This one isn't out yet, and they’re already filming a movie. Interesting, I will add it to my list.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Haven't read his books but I see his name everywhere! I guess I've seen a movie or two and enjoyed them. I'll watch for this book.

The Obsessive Reader said...

This sounds good. You can never go wrong with a Nicholas Sparks book. Here's my WoW: http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/08/waiting-on-wednesday-last-night-in.html

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.