Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - August 11

teasertuesdays31

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"Next time, you get him in headlock. Make him see stars for a little bit. He won't be likely to be doing that to other people then."
"All right, Dad."
With Dad driving me home, in his Members Only jacket and with the smell of Old Spice, I almost feel normal again . . . almost.

- From Wait Until Twilight by Sang Pak.

17 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful advise!

Tuesdays: Teaser/Whereabouts

Kill Word Verification

Anonymous said...

Good teaser. This book has really caught my attention.

Cecelia said...

I can remember my dad giving my brother almost exactly the same advice - bullies are everywhere - and they speak the language of violence. Great teaser!

You can check out mine here.

Pam said...

Fun quote! I've heard good things about the book so far. I can't wait to get to it.

kayerj said...

interesting teaser, sounds like the kid and the dad are thinking of two different ways of handling the problem. read my teaser here

Susan said...

Great teaser! This one is on my tbr list. You can check out my teaser here.

Allison said...

What a great teaser! It sure made me want to know more!

Andrea said...

Great teaser! I'm adding this book to my WL

Missy B. said...

Ah, I thought that was familiar to me...I just finished reading it. It was really good!

Margot at Joyfully Retired said...

New book to me but it sounds good.

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

Such typical parental advice growing up but you know it is so true. I haven't heard of this book yet but with so many comments about it being good I'll have to check it out.

Amy said...

Ooo, the Members Only jacket! Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Krista said...

Love the teaser! Here's mine: http://carmen-krista.blogspot.com/

Lizzy said...

My dad actually has given my sister and I advice similar to that. Great teaser!

Teddyree said...

cool teaser, ooh I've got a copy of this book coming. Hope you're enjoying it!
Here's my Teaser

kalea_kane said...

That was fabulous! The Members Only jacket brought me back to high school. Scary! :)

Alice said...

I like the teaser AND the cover!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.