Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday Teaser - April 14


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser:
Oh - what Neferet had told my stupid step-loser John had been the truth. Cats do roam free all over the school. They often followed "their" kid to class. Nala, in particular, liked to find me several times a day. She's insist I scratch her head, complain a little at me, and then take off and go do whatever cats do with their free time. (Plot world domination?)
It's from Betrayed, House of Night Novel #2 by P.C. and Kristin Cast which I should finish at lunchtime. I was feeling a little nostalgic and sentimental picking this passage as tomorrow would have been my first cat's birthday - he would have been 12, but he died in May of last year. We got him just before we got married and had him for 11 wonderful years. We have a new cat now, but no cat can replace our Sebastian (named after the crab in the Little Mermaid - I loved the movie at the time). Besides I love the world domination comment at the end - so true of cats!


Betrayed (House of Night #2)

3 comments:

Yvette Kelly said...

And by the time Jackie walked down the aisle few could tell that only four years ago she had nearly lost a leg.She had some scarring around her left ankle....
This is from the book Vanished At Sea by Tina Dirmann

and to also let you know I nominated you for a Lovely Blog award
http://truecrimebookreviews.blogspot.com/2009/04/lovely-blog-award.html

Wendi said...

Oh wouldn't it have been fun to have cats (or any pets) at school!!

Here's my Teaser from The Red Leather Diary! ~ Wendi

Jess. said...

I read and loved this series! I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.