Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back in the Day Children's Book Mini Challenge

Elizabeth at Miss Wisabus is hosting the hour 2 challenge and it's the following:


What were some of your favorite children’s books when you were younger? Do you have any new favorites now that you’re an adult? Have you included any children’s or YA titles in your Read-A-Thon stack this year?

I loved the Little House series as a child and also Trixie Belden.  As I grew older I picked up Christopher Pike and since young adult books weren't as prolific in the late 80s/early 90s I moved onto Stephen King and Dean Koontz.
Funny to think this was one of my favorite childhood books (and I read it to my kids):
The Monster at the End of this Book (Sesame Street) (Big Little Golden Book) 

And this becomes my favorite book during my teenage years:
Stephen King's It

I  have several YA in my stack for the read-a-thon:

Blue Moon (The Immortals, Book 2)   Audrey, Wait!

Stay tuned next hour for my next update (I'm going to update every two hours)

2 comments:

Ashley Amanda said...

Your blog is just so cute! And I love the photograph in the header! Keep up the good reading, stay awake!

Liz said...

I read "The Monster at the End of This Book" to my kids, and we have given it to the two great-nephews in the family. Little Jimmy LOVES it! In fact, there's a sequel I found ... somewhere (our library book sale, maybe?) and we gave it to Jimmy for his birthday in August. No word yet as to whether it's as good as the original!

For Christmas the boys are getting a wonderful holiday book, "Santa and the Little Teddy Bear" by Peter John Lucking. It is a unique blend of story, carols, music, song and simply fabulous illustrations. You get a different depiction of St. Nick -- not the general conception of Santa -- St. Nick (as a saint) is more than a laughing bowl of jelly. He is a mentor, instead -- great book. It will be a classic!.

And now off to peruse my overstuffed bookshelves for more favorites. I do have to add that I still read the Betsy-Tacy books. Frequently! They have held up through time...

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.