Thursday, April 5, 2012

Character Interview: Matt from Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John



Today I welcome Matt, the older brother of Luke in Thou Shalt Not Road Trip.  Matt is heading out on the Road Trip with Luke when all kinds of crazy things happen.  This is a great and fun book and I hope you enjoy this interview with Matt and then you must go and check out Thou Shalt Not Road Trip.  My review will be coming on April 14th.

Character Interview: Answer as Matt.

What was your first thought when you found out Luke was going to be published?

My first thought was: What qualifies Luke to write a book about sex?

No, no. Just kidding. Actually, I was more concerned about the trees that’d have to die to make the paper. I figured that if Luke’s book is as long-winded as his monologues, it’d be at least as big as the bible. Man, it sucks to be a tree these days.

What's your favorite thing about college?

Not a lot of people know this, but they have parties at college. Lots of them. Sometimes you look back and wish you hadn’t gone, but at the time, they seem like fun. And though it makes me sound shallow and self-absorbed (which is only partly true, by the way), I can’t wait for sophomore
year party season to commence.

What were you most looking forward to on the road trip with Luke?

Getting home. Ha! Just kidding again. Actually, I spent freakin’ hours planning around his itinerary so that he’d have some real live experiences along the way. I mean . . . Havasu Falls. Hello! That place is heaven on earth, and yet it still took him a couple days to realize it. He’s such an
ungrateful kid brother.

What did you think about Alex bringing Fran along on the trip?

I go back on forth on this, to be honest. Knowing what I know now, I realize she was totally working me, realizing that I wouldn’t say no. But it was also a pretty stupid move, all things considered. I mean, it’s not like forcing Fran to confront her own personal nemesis on the back seat of a car for seven straight days worked in our favor early on.

If you could give Luke one piece of advice what would it be?

Enjoy the detours. Savor the off-road moments, and the unscripted diversions. Life happens between the lines, and in the margins. Miss out on those and you’re hardly living at all.

Thank you Matt (and Antony) for joining us today!

Thanks for inviting me on board, Crystal. And cheers to your readers!

Find Anthony John Here:
Website
Facebook 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.