Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Author This or That: Brian Rowe (Happy Birthday to Me)




Please welcome author Brian Rowe today, his guest post today is answering various this or that questions.  Thanks Brian for your good-natured responses to a couple of ones I sent that were more geared to a woman author!


Pop tarts or cereal? 
Cereal. I used to love pop tarts when I was a kid, but there's just way too much sugar in them to enjoy them these days. I prefer the organic cereal brands from Trader Joe's. Yum!

Vampires or Werewolves? 
Vampires. Not only are vampires the subject of the new novel I'm writing, I just find vampires more fascinating paranormal creatures. My favorite show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and many of the great horror films, from Nosferatu to last year's Let Me In, feature vampires. I love them! 

Flats or Heels? 
Flats. No heels for me. Except on Halloween.

Skirts or Jeans? 
Jeans. Again, I only wear skirts on Halloween.

Shopping or Reading? 
Reading! Are you kidding me? Many find shopping a lot of fun and relaxing. I find it work. Plus you're spending your hard-earned money, usually on things you don't really need. Instead, you can go to the library and for free take home five books that will keep you occupied for days. I love to read. And always will.

Crystal:  I'm with you - a good book from the library beats shopping any day!

English or Math? 
English. While math can be easier due to there always being an answer, English was always my favorite subject in school, and still is to this day. I've always been obsessed with language; it's one of the reasons why I write.

Dogs or Cats? 
Cats. Two years ago, and for most of my life, I would have said dogs. And I still love dogs. But I just got my first cat a year ago, and she brightens my life every day. She's my precious little Cleo!

Tragedies or Comedies? 
Tragedies. I've always been drawn to darker stories, so, while comedies are great and downright necessary sometimes, I prefer a really good tragedy. 

Twitter or Facebook? 
Facebook. This is a tough one, because Facebook has become more cluttered these last couple of years, and I've finally warmed up to Twitter in the last year. But I still love Facebook for keeping in touch with friends all over the world, and for easily sharing photos.

Paperback/Hardback or Ebook? 
Paperback. While eBooks have been on the rise for the last few years, I still have yet to read one. I prefer paperbacks and hardcopy books, but maybe I'll try a Kindle one day down the line.

Bracelets or Necklaces? 
Necklace. If I really, really had to choose. 

Middle School teacher or High School teacher? 
High School Teacher. Although I hope to become a college professor in the next few years. 

Movie in theater or in your own home? 
Movie in theatre. While I love the easy access of movies at home, there's still no better way to watch a movie than in a theatre.

Sports Car or Sedan? 
Sedan. I'm more of a classy fella.

1 comments:

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Great post! I'm with you on the shopping/library question - I do love shopping but nothing beats a couple of new books! And YAY, you're a fellow cat lover! It's funny because if you ask my friends, everyone will say they prefer dogs. I don't know why - I've always preferred cats and I love mine! :)

Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.