Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon Mini Challenge ReReading

Bluestocking Society is hosting the hour 16 mini-challenge about re-reading.  Here is what I chose to do since I am not rereading a book during the Read-a-Thon.

2. Go back to your blog, and give us a list of your top favorite rereads of all time. You know, those books that you can go to time and time again for comfort and escape. Again, pictures are always good but not required.



Yes one of those does look out of place, but It by Stephen King was really the first adult book I read when I was a teen back in the dark ages when YA meant a few Christopher Pike books, Sweet Valley High and little else.  So It has a special place in my heart and is one of the few books I have reread.  Yes it's scary as all get out and has an evil clown, but I like it and will continue to love it for a long time to come - it's comfort to me, scary comfort, but comfort just the same.

The others need little explanation.  The Three Sisters Trilogy was the first trilogy I read by Nora Roberts and it's still my favorite.  Welcome to Harmony by Jodi Thomas introduced me to one of my favorite current series.  Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is a classic and obvious choice.  To Die For by Sandra Byrd was just a wonderful novel and I can see me enjoying it again and again.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.