Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon Hour 1


It's time and I'm excited.  I didn't plan this - but my parents have my kids for the weekend and they are taking them to the county fair today.  My husband is deer hunting all day long.  So I am all alone!  Yay!  I will definitely be reading a good part of the day, hubby and I may go out to supper tonight but I plan to read as much as possible.  I am happy dancing here.  I actually got up early so I could start on time as well - I usually get up around 9am on Saturdays.  But here I am with my hot tea and in a minute I'll go get my cereal and I'll curl up with my first book - Dark Eden by Patrick Carman - can't wait - I received this one through Amazon Vine. So what are you reading first today?



1)Where are you reading from today?
Cozy cool coastal NC, outside of Beaufort to be slightly more exact (that's pronounced Bow-fort in NC)

2)Three random facts about me…

  1. I hate to talk on the telephone
  2. I managed to melt my Dad's candles in his Tollhouse pile last night during his birthday celebration (no real harm done, but it was pretty funny - don't stick candles in after it comes out of oven)
  3. I stay cold all of the time so today will find me wrapped up in one of my favorite quilts my grandmother made.


3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

I didn't make an official TBR pile this year - I'm just winging it!

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
My plan is to read for 40-45 minutes an hour and blog and read blogs for 15-20 minutes of an hour an that can change.  No specific hour or page goals.  We have late church tomorrow so I may see how late I can go this year, I haven't done that yet.

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

Have fun, that is the main thing, don't get caught up in having to do something, just have a great time!




4 comments:

Allison said...

ugh, I don't like talking on the phone either!

Also, nice strategy not to bother picking out books...I always say I'll do that but picking out a stack has ended up being part of the tradition for me so I just go with it :)

Happy reading!

Nise' said...

Have a great reading day. I'd rather text than talk too!

Daisy said...

I'm always cold as well! I've recently discovered fingerless gloves, which are perfect for keeping your hands warm while reading! :)
Happy reading!

Alexa S. said...

Happy reading! Have fun :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.