Monday, March 28, 2011

It's Monday What Are You Reading - March 28

Come post weekly and see what others are reading too just so you can add to your tbr - I always do! For more information see Sheila at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books and join in! 

Books Completed Last Week 
Reading Now: 
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffeneger (audio, car)
  • Drought by Pam Bachorz (audio, mp3 player)
  • Night Road by Kristin Hannah (review)
  • Dragon Lady by Gary Alexander (kindle, review)
  • Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter (YA, review)
Next:
  • Horns by Joey Hill
  • The Arrow Chest by Robert Parry
  • Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
  • Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran
  • The Emperor's Tomb by Steve Berry
  • Red Wolf by Liza Marklund

Summary -

I thought last week was crazy - this one was even crazier - my reading was definitely down and my big news of the week - I'm wearing reading glasses.  I was having daily headaches and I thought about the amount I read, plus spending all day on the computer at work and then thought about my age (getting closer to 40) and decided to try them out.  Would you believe, no more headaches!

I promise there will be more reading this week, but I do need to do start our taxes finally and get ready for some other things in April as well, so I don't know what next weekend will bring.  This one brought a game for my youngest (they lost) and two games for my oldest (they won both) and a lot of fun for me at the ballfield.  It also brought a flare-up which has confined me pretty much to my corner chair today (Sunday).  Hopefully it will get under control and I will start off the week feeling well.

Best of the weekBoth books read this week were great in their own way - one for the romance and escapism the other for it's realism so I can't choose this week.


How was your week?

6 comments:

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Good luck with your glasses! Great books - I always enjoy your list! My review is here: http://www.lisasworldofbooks.com/2011/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_28.html

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

It is nice that he will post. Believe me though - I had to keep after him!

Carol said...

Enjoy ur reading week.

At first it is fiddly with reading glasses as not on all the time :)

carol

Ellie said...

I'm impressed that you can read so many books at once! I keep it to one at a time normally but might have a non-fiction or short story collection on the go - that's it.

dollycas aka Lori said...

Maybe that's my problem. I have won glasses since I was 4 years old, but am due for a check up, maybe I will get new glasses and start reading faster.

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

Dorothy A. said...

I'm currently reading Jane Eyre, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, and Science Matters: Achieving Scientific Literacy. I can't finish books as fast as you can, though!

~Dorothy
www.thekindledscholar.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.