Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Interesting Article from PW: Amazon to Drop Free Books from Kindle Bestseller List

Check out the Publisher's Weekly article by Rachel Deahl here. (I don't want to step on any copyright toes by publishing it here).

So what do you think - will splitting the Amazon bestseller lists between the ones people are buying and the ones people are downloading for free make a difference?

I think it will be interesting to look at and  hopefully it won't hurt the promotional benefits of the free books.  I admit I love the free books especially when it's an earlier book in the series that is free and trying to promote the newest book.  I have no qualms about buying books for my Kindle and love the free books to try new authors.

So I guess we'll see how it goes whenever they split the list.

2 comments:

fredamans said...

I awarded you

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/05/awards-ceremony.html

https://booksthoughtsadventures.com said...

I am not sure what this will do...it seems as though whenever something easy happens...Kindle people make it complicated...just one more thing to make life complicated...

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.