Monday, December 28, 2009

A Tournament of Reading Challenge


It's time to enter another challenge. I just saw this one today and thought it would be a good one to challenge me to expand my reading horizons. The Tournament of Reading Challenge is being hosted at Medieval Bookworm and here is the information about it:

This challenge is designed to get us all reading a little more medieval literature in 2010.  The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st, 2010, and will be hosted right here at Medieval Bookworm.  Challenge genres include history, medieval literature, and historical fiction.  Medieval, for simplicity of definition, will be from 500-1500, and literature from all over the world is welcome, not just western Europe.  There are 3 levels:
  • Peasant – Read 3 medieval books of any kind.
  • Lord – Read 6 medieval books, at least one of each kind.
  • King – Read 9 medieval books, at least two of each kind.
 I think I will sign up at the Peasant level with aspirations to be a Lord.  I'm going to have to look over the recommendations to make my list which I will post here at a later time.

To join in the challenge go to Medieval Bookworm and sign up and then check out the other participants.

Here are the books I will try to read:

  1. The Pillars of the Earth  by Ken Follett
  2. World Without End by Ken Follett
  3. Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
Here are the books I actually read:

  1. A Golden Web by Barbara Quick (a fiction retelling of the life of Alessandra Giliani, a great YA historical read)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.