Monday, November 16, 2009

Review: Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz

Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2) Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz

My rating: 4.5/5.0

Publisher: Hyperion
Publish Date: May 1, 2007
Pages: 320

My Review:

Picking up quickly where Blue Bloods left off, this one starts with Oliver and Schuyler on the hunt for her grandfather in Venice. While at home the other Blue Bloods are preparing for the annual Four Hundred Ball.

There is a lot of excitement in this one and I pretty much read it in one sitting. It reads quickly with a lot of action and inner turmoil going on with Schuyler, Oliver, Mimi and Jack. Also a new boy is introduced and quickly becomes part of the story. More and more is learned about the Blue Bloods and the Silver Bloods. Schuyler is also starting to learn to use her gifts.

I really enjoyed this book and this series so far. I have the next one Revelations on my library pile at the moment and I am anxious to pick it up. This is a great young adult paranormal series and I would like to thank all those bloggers who talked these up, because they are the reason I picked this series up and I just love it.

The characters are well done in this one, growing more and learning more from what is going on. I like the continuation through the books because it allows for a more in-depth look at the characters since a small amount of time is covered in each book. Of course I love Schuyler, Ollie, Jack and Bliss. Mimi is there to hate, but I do believe she is still redeemable. I'm still trying to figure out the whole Silver Blood thing and lots of possibilities are still left open and that is part of the fun of these books.

About the Book:

Schuyler Van Alen is starting to get more comfortable with her newfound vampire powers, but she still has many unanswered questions. A trip to Italy in search of her grandfather only serves to make things more confusing. What secrets are the leaders of The Committee hiding? Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the famous Four Hundred Ball. In true Blue Blood fashion, the ball is totally fab, complete with masks, and hidden behind this masquerade is a revelation that will change the course of a young vampire's destiny.

Challenges:
100+ Book Challenge
Support Your Local Library Challenge
Fall Into Reading Challenge 2009
Countdown Challenge 2010






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love comments on the blog and do take the time to read them.